Why Choose Art & About Picture Framing
We offer professional custom framing at competitive prices & a relaxed personal service. We are owner operated and all work is completed on site. You can feel safe knowing that if we frame your art, photograph, item of clothing or anything else you choose to frame
We Will Always
- Be honest, friendly & professional
- Value your time
- Be happy to share ideas with you
- Give you an obligation free quote
- Asertain the value of your artwork-to you!
- Explain the pro’s and con’s of various framing materials you are able to choose from
- Discuss a multitude of framing options with you
- Treat your art or personal belongings with care & respect
- Use the materials & techniques discussed with you
- Try to work to your time frame
- Keep you informed if there are delays
- Do our best to assure you are totally happy with your choices
We Will Not
- Rush you
- Upsell and encourage you to spend more than necessary
- Take any shortcuts
- Over charge
- Print personal labels for the back of your framed art
- Take digital photographs of your art before framing
- Frame art with removeable backing if you need to change the art work regularly
- Give a free consultation and quote
- Provide a pick up and delivery service (there may be a travel charge depending on distance travelled).
- Provide an in house consultation, again there may be a cost involved depending on distance travelled.
- Frame urgent work within days provided materials are in stock.
- Refit your artwork to a different frame (supplied by you) at a minimal charge.
- Think outside the square!
More About Our Business
We are a small owner operated picture framing business situated in Welcome Bay Road near Papamoa so we are central to Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Te Puke. We have been picture framers now since 1998 and have a loyal following of customers. Because we do not employ staff and we work from a studio at home we are able to price our work very competitively. Our situation also allows us to see customers outside normal working hours, and to spend what ever time it takes to make the right choices for their artwork.
We pride ourselves in our friendly and helpful service and high standard of workmanship. We specialize in cross stitch, tapestry and other more complex fabric art. All needle art we frame is handlaced. Our normal turn around for work is two weeks dependant on availability of materials.. We are happy to discuss your framing needs with you over the phone. It is difficult to give anything but a ballpark figure of costs without an actual consultation, as materials vary tremendoulsy in cost.